Study Spanish in Merida, Mexico
Studying Spanish abroad is the perfect opportunity to learn about Mexican life and the Mayan culture while earning college credits. The language skills you will gain will set you on the path for future success.
Studying outside one’s home country and university offers great opportunities for academic, inter cultural, and personal growth. We believe you should choose to learn Spanish at the Spanish Institute of Merida for the following reasons:
Location: The Spanish Institute of Merida is located at the heart of the historical center of the city; within walking distance to museums, cinemas, theaters and entertainment.
Teaching Method: Our immersion program's main objective is to raise students' language level to an efficient standard of communication. This requires not only a command of the language but also an understanding of the cultural context.
Accreditation and Teachers: We are accredited by the SEP Secretaria de Educacion Publica, The Secretariat of Public Education in Mexico and our program conforms to ACTFL (The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) standards.
All our Spanish teachers are native speakers, have a Bachelor's Degree in Education with a Specialization in Spanish and have years of experience teaching Spanish as a second language.
What's included in the program:
- - Registration and Books
- - 3 or 4 weeks of instruction
- - 30 hours a week of instruction (4 hours in a group with a ratio of 6/1 and 2 hours of 1-on-1 conversation every day.
- - Pickup and Drop off at the Merida International Airport
- - Orientation of Mérida, customs and culture
- - Home stay with local family (includes private room and bath, A/C USD $25 per week)
- - Three meals a day
- - Free wi-fi
- - Free excursions to Chichen Itza and Uxmal
- - Daily excursions to musuems, theaters, parks, movies...(during conversation class)
- - Closing ceremony banquet
- - Certificate of Achievement
- - Official Transcript
After completing one full level (and upon request) you will receive a Course Detail description, an Official Transcript and Certificate of Achievement. Students attending the 3-week course earn 4 credit hours; Students attending the 4-week course earn 6 credit hours. Our transcript has been accepted by more than a 100 Universities in the U.S. To see a list of the Universities click here.
For further information, please contact our International Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org