Winter is probably the best time to visit Merida. With temperatures ranging between 73.4 °F (23 °C) and 89.6 °F (32 °C) and really low humidity, people enjoy walking around the historical center.
You can also be a part of the festivities. During this season Merida celebrates the Posadas, Navidad and Año Nuevo. Then on January, we celebrate Día de los Reyes and the Festival of the City which lasts the whole month.
You may start the program on any of our winter program starting dates, with a 2 or 3 week duration.
- December 4th – Dec. 15th (2 weeks)
- December 11th – Dec. 22nd (2 weeks)
- December 18th – Dec. 29th (2 weeks)
- December 4th – Dec. 22nd (3 weeks)
- December 11th – Dec. 29th (3 weeks)
1 week program available at USD $670.00 starting on any Monday.
Come celebrate the Holiday Season!
The duration of the winter program is 2 or 3 weeks. Our courses are intensive 6-hours a day. Four of which are in a class and two are spent with a conversation tutor in real-life experiences.
You will receive as part of your course a Textbook, a Notebook, a Verb-conjugation book (5,000 verbs), and a Spanish Encyclopedic Dictionary.
- Morning classes are from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
(maximum 6 students per instructor)
- Afternoon classes are from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
(one student/one instructor)
In the morning you will cover 3 different components of the language. You will have one hour a day of Spanish Grammar, one hour a day of Spanish Vocabulary and practice, and the last hours of the morning class will rotate between Spanish reading, pronunciation, culture, composition, etc.
Afternoon Conversation Class:
In the afternoon you will have one-on-one hands on practice using the grammar and vocabulary you are learning in the program as you practice with a Conversation Guide. The Conversation Guide is a Native Speaker who will escort you to places of interest and correct your Spanish. You will be given a list of all the places of interest of Merida. Places within walking distance.
The cost for the 2 week program is USD $1,340.00 and includes:
- Registration and books
- 2 weeks of instruction. ( see start dates )
- 30 hours a week of instruction. ( 6 hours a day )
- Pick up and drop off at the Merida airport. (Cancun International airport has an extra cost)
- Orientation of Merida, customs and culture
- Homestay with family, 3 meals a day
- Free Wi-fi at the Institute
- 1 Trip to Chichén-Itzá*
- Daily trips to museums, theaters, parks, movies, etc.
- Closing ceremony banquet
*The trip includes:
– Transportation, bilingual guide, meal after the visit.
– The entrance fee to Archaeological sites is not included. ($200 mexican pesos, USD $15 approximately).
Your roundtrip airfare to Merida, Yucatan is not included within the price. You may also opt to fly into Cancun which is usually cheaper.
Did you know that many companies will pay for your Spanish Classes?...click here
|USD $1,340 for 2 weeks|
|USD $1,650 for 3 weeks|
*All prices are subject to change without notice. The price will not increase once the deposit is received.