You may start the program on any Monday of the year. You may attend from 1 week to 6 weeks.
Due to the increasing need for Spanish speaking health professionals, The Spanish Institute of Merida has created the only Spanish total immersion course for health professionals that provides up to 40 hours of continuing education credit for pharmacists, nurses and nurse practitioners.
After only fourteen days of successful completion of this course, you will have a functional Spanish vocabulary sufficiently large enough to communicate with your Spanish speaking patients.
In addition to learning a new language, and the ability to provide better care to your patients, you will have to opportunity to have a life-changing experience. The total immersion concept provides a safe environment in which you are forced to learn the language nearly every waking moment. You will be amazed how quickly you learn Spanish, how many friends you will make, how many memories you will take home.
Additional benefits of the program include continuing education credits provided by PharmCon, and in many instances, the cost of the program qualifies as a tax deductible expense.
You will receive as part of your course a Textbook, a Workbook to accompany your textbook, a Verb-conjugation book (5,000 verbs), a Spanish Encyclopedic Dictionary and a Medical Vocabulary.
- Morning Classes are from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
(maximum 6 students per instructor)
- Afternoon Classes are from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
(Internship at a local hospital)
*Students in the Medical Spanish Program may have a different schedule to be determined by the institute.
In the morning you will cover different components of the language. You will learn the Structure of the Language, Spanish Vocabulary and Practice, Pronunciation, Reading Comprehension, Writing, and more.
The cost of our 2 week program is only USD $1,340.00 and includes:
- Registration and books
- 2 weeks of instruction. ( see start dates )
- 30 hours a week of instruction. ( 6 hours a day )
- Pick up and drop off at the Merida airport (Cancun International airport extra cost).
- Orientation of Merida, customs and culture.
- Homestay with family, 3 meals a day.
- Free Wi-fi at the Institute.
- 1 day trip to Chichén-Itzá*
- 40 hours of continuing education credit.
*The trip includes:
– Transportation, bilingual guide, meal after the visit.
– The entrance fee to Chichén-Itzá is not included. ($216 mexican pesos – USD $12 approximately).
Your round-trip airfare to Merida, Yucatan is not included within the price. You may also opt to fly into Cancun which is usually cheaper.
Did you know that many companies will pay for your Spanish Classes?… click here
|1 Week – USD $690.00|
|2 Weeks – USD $1,340.00|
|3 Weeks – USD $1,935.00|
|4 Weeks – USD $2,550.00|
|5 Weeks – USD $3,145.00|
|6 Weeks – USD $3,740.00|
*All prices are subject to change without notice. The price will not increase once the deposit is received.