- This policy covers how The Spanish Institute treats personal information that The Spanish Institute collects and receives, including information related to your past use of The Spanish Institute products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that The Spanish Institute does not own or control, or to people that The Spanish Institute does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- The Spanish Institute collects personal information when you register with The Spanish Institute of Mérida, when you use The Spanish Institute products or services, when you visit The Spanish Institute pages or the pages of certain The Spanish Institute partners, and when you enter promotions. The Spanish Institute may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, and personal interests. Once you register with The Spanish Institute and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- The Spanish Institute collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of products and services that we offer.
- The Spanish Institute automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, The Spanish Institute cookies information, and the page you request.
- The Spanish Institute uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you and conduct research.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- The Spanish Institute does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with The Spanish Institute under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help The Spanish Institute communicate with you about offers from The Spanish Institute and our partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- You can edit your The Spanish Institute Account Information, at any time. All you have to do is send us an email with the new information you would like to change/add to your existing account.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the The Spanish Institute service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the The Spanish Institute Newsletter, that are considered part of your The Spanish Institute account, offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- The Spanish Institute may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your The Spanish Institute account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
The Spanish Institute
10104 Hosta Cove,
Austin, TX 78750